Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Adventures

So I have quickly come to the conclusion that I have to do a slide show for this post. We went to 2 Harvest Festivals, the Nut Tree, Bishop's Pumpkin Patch & of course Trick or Treating for all of our adventures. We had tons of fun. I even lost Sonny at the 1st harvest festival which was not fun but Brad found him & all was ok. We got to see some old friends at the Rusch Park Ward Harvest Festival. It's always so much fun to go back to where you grew up. Lots of friendly faces & even faces that I thought moved away & are back. We went to the Nut Tree to check it out & it ended up not being totally great but they do have a little amusement park for the kids & the train is always the best part. Sonny was such a crab that day (maybe that's what we get for going on a Sunday....hahaha...). We also had a Harvest Festival @ Blake's school where he wore his soccer uniform because he had his last game right before. That was fun. Then we had our own North Highlands 1st ward Harvest Festival. I was late cuz my little sister had her baby shower the same day. The kids had fun & the best part was a corn maze that they did on the stage. It was actually pretty cool if I do say so myself. Then of course, Halloween. We went to Lisa's house where Brad made chili & I made corn muffins for dinner. We were joined by Lisa, my dad, & Bryan & Kimi. It's always fun to have family around for the festivities. We took Batman (Blake) & our monster (Sonny) out in the neighborhood for some Trick or Treating. This was Blake's 5th time & Sonny's 2nd time. Sonny kept taking the candy right out of their hands & when they would try to put it in his bucket he thought they were trying to take his candy. It was funny. He got it by the end of the night. Unfortunately Sonny was eating candy throughout the night & got an extremely bad tummy ache. Oh yes, it was bad. He threw up about 3 different times that night. Thank goodness for Brad. I take care of the sick kid & he takes care of the puke. I HATE puke. Probably more that poopy diapers, etc. So I'm sure glad that Brad is able to handle it better than me!! All in all, we had a great Halloween adventure. Hope everyone else had as much fun as we did......................Oh, I almost forgot the cutest part.........when Sonny would be walking up to the door & he would see that I or my dad wasn't going he would say," om on mom, om on papa (come on mom, come on papa). It's so cute to hear him putting words together!!!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

so cute sounds like lots of fun. I miss the north highlands harvest festival our ward here doesn't do anything for Halloween. But I still really love the ward we have here glad you guys had fun. I'll be posting mine soon