Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wow....What a day!

Well I started the day off by joing my friend Sarah for a 1 mile jog. Her mother-in-law joined us & we jogged for 2 minutes & walked for 1 minute. I think I did ok...it kind of kicked my butt. But, it's the 1st time & I can only improve, right. So, it's good exercise & I'm hoping that I can at least lose some weight & improve on my times when I do 5k's. Then later Brad took the boys to "Adventureland" with his mom, Bryan, Kimi & Libby. They had fun & I went & saw "Bride Wars" with my friends Sarah & Heather. Very cute movie, I really liked it. After Sonny & I took naps I played Indiana Jones Legos with Blake & I got through 2 levels. It's crazy the amount of bickering my 6 year old son & I do while playing video games. CRAZY, but we did finally have fun. It was a nice but long day. I have so many things that I need to be working on but sometimes I need to stop saying no to my little boy. Tomorrow's another day & I can start work on my chores again.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Yes, CHORES can always wait for tommorow. I would much rather play Video Games

Kristine said...

oh and just so you feel normal... the first time I ran in Feb of last year... I went 2 miles, barely finished thinking I was gonna die the whole time and was sore for a week. But you gotta start somewhere ;) so WAY TO GO on the mile!

Pink Petunia Designs said...

You go girl. My bud Tracy and I have been jogging since last week. We are working on the mile too. Between the running and walking, I think that we busted out maybe a half mile all week. Maybe. We talked more than we ran. Ha Ha. Let me know if you ever do a 5K in the future, I might join you. I really want to work my way to that level.

OLIVIA said...

Keep up the great work Shannon! Working out IS hard, especially when you haven't done it in awhile, but stick in there! You can do it!