Monday, June 15, 2009

What a Day

So, I've been preparing for Girls Camp for the last week & going in full force today because we go up tomorrow. Something very bad happened this morning. I was looking in the hall closet for some supplies & I heard a dog growl by the front door. I was like, what the heck. I went & opened the front door ( I know, I should've looked 1st) & there were 2 dogs totally mawling our cat Cozmo!! I was so MAD!!! & freaked out but I went out there & started yelling at the dogs & they just wouldn't let up. Finally he got out of their grip & tried to get away & then they chased him in to the neighbors yard. Brad came out & was trying to figure out what I was screaming & yelling about. He didn't realize that the dogs were attacking Cozmo & I told him & he went after them. He got our cat & brought him in got his shoes on & immediately drove him to the vet. Our poor cat has a broken sternum & 5 broken ribs & is under observation because they didn't know if there was any internal bleeding. Oh, my poor Brad. Cozmo is his kitty & we've had him since before Blake was born. So this upsets me greatly because I only saw the colors of the dogs & I couldn't tell you the breed but Brad said they were pitbulls. I am not a fan of dogs ever but this breed should not exist. What if that was my 2 year old or even 6 year old. I let my kids play in the backyard & these dogs could easily have jumped the neighbors fence to get to our yard if they wanted to attack my children. Very scary. Well, later my mother-in-law came over & walked around the neighborhood with letters stating what happened & if anybody had any info on where these dogs may have come from to please let us know. We've received 2 phone calls & will be calling the Sheriff's Department tomorrow about the incident. Apparently these dogs get out on a regular basis. This is not safe because there are actually tons of kids around the neighborhood that sometimes play in front yards. I really hope that something good comes of this. I so hope that Cozmo makes it through. I don't care if people have dogs but they have to be responsible & we were told that these people are drug dealers too. Why do people have to be so irresponsible? If I had had a gun, I would've shot those 2 dogs without even a second thought!! Too bad I didn't. If that was one of my kids I probably would've been hurt as well because I just wanted to get my cat out of there & those dogs didn't even care that I was there. Crazy.....................................

3 comments:

Kristine said...

That is TOO SAD. I'm so sorry. Hope he feels better soon. Its really hard when you have a pet for so long and are part of the family like that.

OLIVIA said...

That is really scary. I am so sorry about your cat, but thank goodness your children were not involved. Good luck with the Sheriff's department. People NEED to be accountable.

summerseverydaymoments said...

That is so scary!! I hate pitbulls too! I have heard nothing but bad stories concerning that breed! Iam so glad that it wasnt one of the kids that is for sure!!