Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jog-a-thon!!!

Blake participated in his 1st Jog-a-thon at his school last week. He kept telling everybody that he was going to run 1,000 laps. Wow...what a go-getter.
Well, the morning of I could tell he was getting a little nervous. I told him everything would
be just fine, he just had to do his best even if that was only 2 laps. He kept telling me he wanted me to run with him & I said I couldn't because I would be watching Sonny. He does
this before all the races he's been in, so I knew he'd be ok.
Sonny & I went up to the school to cheer him on. My dad (Grandpa) & his dog Pippen came too. I really liked how the school did it. I was watching Blake & his 1st 2 laps around he just walked (you can see it in the 1st pic)...then I told my dad I'd better go let him know I'm here. So I started cheering for him & he got a HUGE smile on his face & finally started running. By the time he finished he had 27 laps!!! WOW!!! I was so proud of him. He just needed to know I was there cheering for him. He actually got quite a few generous sponsors so we are really excited about that. He will definitely get that T-shirt!!!
(click on images to see larger)
Way to go Blake!!!
And a big
FAT
THANK YOU
to everyone who helped him earn his $!!!

No comments: