Monday, November 2, 2009

Sonny's Max & Ruby Birthday Party

Here's all the pictures (in collage form of course) from Sonny's
Max & Ruby Party!!
My birthday boy (one day early) in his jammies before all the festivities begin.
I decide to do some games for the kids in the playroom
so we would be out of the way for & not under everybody's feet. I think it turned
out great & all the adults could visit without wild crazy kids running around.
The 1st activity was a coloring page of Max & Ruby. At 1st Sonny
didn't want to have anything to do with it but eventually he came around & joined in.
I did this just to get all the kids inside from playing on the play structure outside & it was
really HOT that day!!
The 2nd activity was a matching/memory Max & Ruby game. You all know how to
play so I'll spare all the rules. If they got a match...they got to pick something
from the prize bag. It had lots of fun stuff in it & the kids had a lot of fun!!
Then we played musical squares. Just my take on musical chairs. I figured the chairs would be a pain in my booty so I decided to put different colored paper on the floor for the kids to walk on...kinda like a cake walk. If they landed on the right color...they got a prize from the bag. This one was tons of fun & we played Halloween music. We played that one for a long time.

Then we played "Pin the tail on Max." I had been trying to find a picture of Max that was big enough to use to play this game. Well the night before the party I found the website http://www.rosemarywells.com/ (she's the author of the books) & found all this really cool stuff that you can print off & use for birthday parties. I was so excited because you can't find "Max & Ruby" party stuff in the stores. The kids loved this game too. I had fun spinning the kids round & round.

And last but certainly not least.....the Famous "Worm Cake"!! & presents. Max always makes a worm/dirt cake while his sister actually makes something edible. Of course I wanted to do a "worm cake" because what's a Max & Ruby Birthday without a "worm cake." Brad came up with all the ingredients to make ours & it was DELICIOUS!!!
Chocolate pudding & crushed oreos mixed together decorated with gummy worms & rocks.
Super easy & super delicious!!!
Sonny doesn't really like the spotlight so while we were singing to him he was having a fit & covering his ears...just one of those things he does. It's so cute. He got some really cool toys & is still enjoying playing with them.

A special shout out to my friend Hollie who had her girls come over early & help me decorate for the party & also to my parents for helping with the clean-up. Thanks everyone!! And thank you to everyone who came to help celebrate!!
It was really fun!!!

1 comment:

summerseverydaymoments said...

How fun and cute!! The worm cake actually looks pretty yummy!