Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sonny's Talk

About 2 weeks ago Sonny was assigned to give a talk in Primary.
Since this was his 2nd time giving a talk I knew what to do.
Do not whisper to him because he will just whisper into the mic & then
everyone will think it's cute & laugh & then he will get mad & think they are making fun of him.
This happened the last time.
And make it short & sweet. Not hard to do. I had his talk memorized.
I also gave a talk in Sacrament meeting on the same day. Mine however, was not memorized.
Soooo...Sonny & I gave talks on the same day.
Well...Sonny was so excited when it was his turn to speak.
We went up to the little podium in the Children's Primary room & he said very clearly into the mic..."Heavenly Father"
(this is how we begin our prayers at home). It was so cute & then I proceeded to tell him what to say & he did it.
He did so well & I was beaming from ear to ear.
We have a small primary so it seems that Blake & Sonny are giving talks or prayers almost every month.
I don't mind...I think it gives them good practice at public speaking & they will be ahead of the game when they have to speak in front of their classes at school.
Anyway...I took these when we got home from Church.
He's 3 years & 8 months old...he's growing so fast.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: