Friday, July 23, 2010

A trip to the Zoo

Brad had a day off recently & he decided that we should take the boys to the Zoo. 
I thought it would be fun too....except for the price, but Brad really wanted to go, so we went.
We had a nice time but I am so surprised at how much it has changed since I was a kid.  You'd think that there would be big improvements but it seems like they continue to downgrade as the years go on.  I remember when I was a little girl just waiting to see the elephants.  Elephants are my fave...since I was little...my dad even confirmed it.  And watching to see if the hippos would come up out of the water so you could see more than just their nostrils.  And bears & tigers too.  And many of the habitats were closed for  maintenance.  Well, our poor zoo had to let all of those animals go to bigger zoos...so sad...so it's kinda not the same to me anymore...BUT...my kids don't know the difference so I guess it's ok.  Someday we'll have to venture to the S.F. zoo or go to San Diego on a vacation (oh wouldn't that be nice...sigh) but until then we'll just have to make do with what we've got & remember to check the zoo calendar for FREE admission days (which are coming up on Monday's in August) & go then & not feel like I've just spent a bunch of money for nothing.  So anyway...we did have fun & it was a nice day & we were together so that's what's really important...right?   Right!!!
Here's Blake & Sonny taking turns inside the "Blue Tarantula"
Of course we had to stop because "Max & Ruby" have been favorites in the house since Blake was a toddler & there's a bed time story call "the Blue Tarantula"
Sonny was not pleased with having to do this but he finally did it!!

Here's a picture of me & my brothers
hahaha
Blake actually took this picture.
And here are Blake & Sonny just monkeying around.
(click on image to see larger)
Of course we got to see the flamingos & the reptile house, Blake even went in a 2nd time by himself,  & there were plenty of birds & we even saw the baby lion.  There's this really cool smallish cat that looks like a leopard the Brad thinks we need to have but of course I had to remind him that it was a "wild animal" & we were at the zoo...haha...he loves cats!!
Oh & the giraffes were really cool too.  I could've probably just stayed there watching them for hours.  Blake & I stood there & watched for a little bit while Brad & his antsy pants had to move along.  It was fun talking to Blake & asking him what he thought.  And you can't forget about the Merry-Go-Round. 
What's a trip anywhere if you don't get to ride on the Merry-Go-Round?
 So all in all, it was a great trip to the zoo!!!

No comments: