Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Blake's 1st Day of 2nd Grade!!


Blake went back to school at the end of August & is officially a 2nd grader!!
I cannot believe how fast time is flying by.
We set off with Sonny in the stroller & Blake riding his bike he got for Christmas.
I'm so glad he finally learned how to maneuver this giant bike.



Here's Blake walking his bike up to the bike rack.


Here's Blake with friends Lindsay & Zachary from his class last year.
Blake & Zachary are on the same soccer team too.

And here's Blake right outside of his classroom before he went in to start his official day of 2nd grade.
There was a crazy change going into the 3rd week of school.
Blake came home & said....bad news mom. (don't you just love that).
Then he proceeded to tell me that he was changing classes. I didn't quite understand until I read the note that was sent home to all parents in 1st, 2nd & 3rd grades. Come to find out the school had to make 2 combo classes. One 1/2 combo & one 2/3 combo. Blake is now in the 1/2 combo class with a few of the same kids from last year's class. At 1st I was uneasy about it & then after I spoke with several of my friends who are & have been teachers I have come to the conclusion that it's going to be just fine. Blake is a good student & has shown that he can handle doing work on his own while his teacher is instructing the 1st graders. He did have to change teachers though...which can be tough on kids at first but he's doing great. All I can ask for is that I know if he's struggling & where I need to help him but he's doing great....if I do say so myself. He enjoys math the most & writing. Hopefully he will one day be like me & gain a true love of words & how to use them & spell them correctly. Gosh how I hate it when people spell words wrong!!!! Ugh!!!
There you have it....Blake the 2nd grader!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: