Friday, September 10, 2010

A Hot day in August!!

I'd have to say that this has been an extremely mild summer for my area. We usually have triple digits regularly & it feels like you just might melt...but we haven't even hit a "heat wave" this summer. That means we have not had 3 days in a row of 100 degrees & above. Kinda crazy if you ask me...but also nice. I am the type of person that does not like to be cold so I don't mind hot summers as long as there is a way for me to cool off for a few minutes. Well there was what seemed to me a "HOT" day back in August. It wasn't all that hot but for some reason I thought I was going to die!! Well I texted my friend Hollie & ever so politely invited myself & the boys over to go swimming. She was happy to accomodate. We went over & got in the pool....BRRRRRR...it was so COLD!! The sun hadn't warmed the water up yet but it sure was refreshing....just what I needed. The boys had fun. Sonny loved going down the slide over & over even though his teeth were chattering uncontrollably. Blake was having fun practicing his swimming skills...he is doing great!! Anyway we didn't stay in too long cuz it was just too cold for me...I know...didn't I say I was super hot?!! We got out & just hung out & visited for a while...just what I needed...*sigh* I don't think I ever really warmed up after my refreshing dip in the pool. Here's some fun pics I took of my silly boys!!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: