Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blake's Baptism~2/5/2011

On February 5th, 2011 my son Blake was Baptized a member of
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
What a wonderful, amazing & spritual day it was for our whole family!!!
I'm getting choked up just thinking about it, even though it was 6 months ago.
I am so grateful/happy/proud/joyful that my son decided to make this choice in his life.
Some people might say that an 8 year old is too young to make this kind of decision, but we know as members of the
church that 8 year olds are a lot smarter & in tune with the Spirit than we give them credit for.
My son Blake showed me that again on this wonderful occasion.
We do stake baptisms so we were lucky enough to have a room full of lots of people celebrating & supporting our awesome primary children in their decision to be baptized. We were also lucky because Blake was the only one from our Ward & the 1st one to be baptized.
My dad, Blake's grandpa was able to baptize & confirm Blake that day. Blake was beaming from ear to ear after he was baptized & then after he got dressed back into his suit we went into a different room for the confirmation. My dad gave him a wonderful blessing & I could feel the Spirit so strong it was hard for me to keep my emotions in check. The best part was that I know that everyone in that room felt the Spirit as well. Especially Blake. This boy of mine was so overcome by the feelings he had, he was crying. He came over to me right away & I hugged him so tight so he knew that it was ok to have these feelings. It was a wonderful teaching moment that Naunie (grandma, my dad's wife) & I were able to share with Blake. It was so sweet...I feel all warm & fuzzy just remembering it too. He's a sweet boy, a good big brother, a pretty good boy (most of the time) & has a wonderful spirit. I feel especially lucky to be Blake's mom & hope I can be the best mom for him!!!! I know this church is true & feel grateful every day that I have the gospel & I'm able to share it with my children!!


Blake's Baptism day!!


We don't take pictures of the actual events because they are very special.
But we can take before & after pictures. Click on the collage above & you will see just how happy & excited
Blake was on his special day!! Just beaming from ear to ear

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amber said...

LOVE it!! Jack was just baptized in June. Such a wonderful thing eh??

OLIVIA said...

So exciting! We're so happy for you all!