Monday, January 26, 2009

100 Days of School Project





So, my little boy Blake has reached 100 days of school. CRAZY!! The kids were assigned to do a project with 100 of anything. We thought about it & Brad actually came up with the idea of using 100 pennies. We thought it was a great idea & Blake agreed & since we the pennies it worked out great. Blake & I went & bought some posterboard & glue. A few days later we got the board ready & Blake counted out 10 piles of 10pennies. It was great & Sonny even joined in. So I go to get the "crazy glue" & put some glue on a penny to show Blake what to do & guess what I did.......I totally glued my fingers together!!! Who'd a thunk. I thought I could just pull them apart but that totally didn't work. I was getting a little worried & then I pulled the packaging out of the garbage & read that I needed to use nailpolish remover or warm soapy water. I opted for the nailpolish remover. I poured it over the glue but it wasn't working. Then I proceeded to pour it into a bowl & soak my fingers. Finally after about 10 minutes of trying to roll my fingers apart, they unstuck. I was seriously worried. I don't think I'll be using "crazy glue" again anytime soon. (should've taken a picture). Anyway we then proceeded to use my super handy hot glue gun. worked great. Blake glued the pennies down & then Brad said we didn't do it right. The next day we pulled all the pennies off & then redid it to look kinda like a $1.00 bill. Blake did all of the drawing & all the gluing. It looks like I did one side & he did the other, but he did it all. I was so proud of him & he had a lot of fun!! He loves to do artsy crafty things.

2 comments:

Chuck Livingston said...

Way to go Blake. Be sure to show Mom how to use things correctly. It has been a long time since she was in Kindergarden.

Kristine said...

That is so cute and he is getting SO BIG! holy cow, time goes fast. And I would have totally glued my fingers together cause I'm cool like that. So funny!