Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Safety Gear!!

So I took the kids to the park yesterday after Blake got out of school. It's been such nice weather & me & the kids definitely needed a change of scenery. Well I noticed something while I was there (cuz I'm always looking around at what other people are doing). There was another mom there with her 2 kids (of course it's a park!). Well this mom & her oldest boy were talking about the boy riding his bike. She told him he had to put all his gear on 1st. This included a helmet, knee pads & elbow pads. Safety 1st, of course. Well here's the part that strikes me as odd. This boy must've been between 3-4 years old. He got all of his gear on but wait, what in the heck is the point of all this safety gear if you are not going to insist that he wear 1) pants (over his diaper) & 2) shoes & socks!!! Some people just don't get it. Yes his head, knees & elbows were protected but what about his FEET & his dignity!! Yes I know, little kids don't care about dignity, but you gotta teach 'em sometime. Anyway, I just thought it was funny to go through that & not make sure he was fully clothed with pants & shoes too!! Just wanted to share. But it was a great day at the park. If this weather continues, which it probably won't, we'll be going to the park again.

6 comments:

OLIVIA said...

Yup! One of my huge pet peeves is seeing children underdressed on freezing days while their parents are all bundled up! Common sense people!

A Boy and 3 Girls said...

Forget the elbow and knee pads! Geeeezzzz This mom must have never knicked a single toe! Your feet/toes hurt soooo much with the smallest scrape.

Shan B. said...

My biggest peeve is that he was in just a diaper. It just grosses me out when people don't dress their kids in public. So make sure your kids are dressed if I'm ever around. Hahaha!!

Kristine said...

Oh my gosh THAT is funny! I mean its even in 100+ temps that we get here, They are at least in a onsie. But funny none the less.

Pink Petunia Designs said...

This is hilarious about the safety gear! So I am going to host a crafty night the first part of March and want to see if you can come. Just six or seven girls at my house. No one knows each other so it will be fun. I want to have everyone bring a simple craft to demonstrate for the rest of us. That way we come away with some cool ideas. Only the craftiest of my friends are invited! I will get you more info soon!

1384 n said...

I hear ya! Some not so bright Mom's out there. I could make your jaw drop with things I have heard Mom's teaching and telling their children.