Monday, February 23, 2009

Spiders....ewwwww!!

So, Brad & I have cooked a couple of dinners together this last week. It's actually been kinda fun. I'm definitely a follow the recipe kind of cook & he's the adventurous cook, always adding things to make it to his standards. So, he usually doesn't like what I cook because it never has any flavor but at least I try. He's the one that does most of the dinner cooking & he's had me help him the past couple of times. So last night as I'm slicing mushrooms I keep seeing something to the left of me, the whole time just thinking it's a renegade hair of mine (because I have hair all over the place according to Brad). So the next time I look, I see legs, not just skinny legs, but the long dark black legs that belong to Black Widows!!! I screamed or yelled or something & jumped back & Brad came running into the kitchen cuz he thought I cut myself. I showed it to him & he jumped back too. You see, he's more afraid of spiders than I am. heehee. So, together we got rid of it. I got him the flyswatter & he killed it. Man, oh man. It was creepy. You see, spiders are not my most favorite but they don't scare me scare me unless they sneak up on me like this lovely Black Widow did. I'm usually the one killing them & I do get a little jumpy if they crawl down their web in front of my face or something. After it was dead I was a little jumpy & then I was so glad it was me that saw it because it could've caused some real damage to one of the kids or the cats. I haven't seen any more today & hopefully I won't. They tend to be outside when I see them. Whew!!! Hope this never happens to you!!

2 comments:

OLIVIA said...

This gives me the willies just reading about it. I absolutely HATE spiders. Funny though, unless it's a poisonous spider like a Black Widow, I'll make Sam take the little guys outside unharmed.

Ugh. I'm still shaking!

Unknown said...

That is crazy! I would have screamed too! Just wanted to say I am glad to see you are a follower of Tipsy! There will be lots of good stuff coming soon, so stay tuned!