Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Saying Goodbye........

Goodbye dear sweet pacifier. You have served us well. You will be missed but it is time to say farewell. For the past month or so Brad & I have only been giving Sonny his pacifier at nap & bed time. I wouldn't get him out of bed until he would hand it over. The 1st couple of times were traumatic but he finally got the hang of it. If he wanted out he needed to hand it over. He'd say, "Awake, here go." So cute. Then I decided that it was time for it to go for good. He's almost 2 1/2 & I think that's long enough. The boys spent the night at Grandmother & Grandad's this last weekend & I didn't send the pacifier. I told Grandmother that I thought it might be a good time to break him of it & I hoped he would be ok. The next day I checked on the boys & was told that
he didn't even ask for it once, nor did he need it at bedtime. They said he just passed out. Hurray I thought. That night I didn't give or offer him the pacifier & he cried for about 15 minutes before he fell asleep. Man, I am mean. So I thought great. We are done. So the backup pacifiers have been hidden, at some point I will be ready to throw them away. Then the next night I was gone somewhere & it was Daddy's turn to put him to bed. Well, I feel as though I was sabotaged!! Dad didn't want to hear him crying & found one that I didn't know was out & let him have it. What the Heck!!! Way to go Dad & Thank you very much for helping me out!!! Whatever!!! The next night I didn't give it to him & we are on our way to being totally pacifier free. I must say that Sonny has had it way easier than Blake did. With Blake I was mad one day & just threw them all away. He had no transition period. No, I was not mad at him, I was mad at his Dad & took it out on the pacifier. As I'm typing this, Sonny is down for a nap & having a fit. I will not give in!!! Here's a farewell tribute to our beloved pacifier that we (I) finally decided to say goodbye to. Hope you enjoy. In no particular order:
Sonny @ 4 weeks old @ Disneyland.

Exersaucer fun @ the shop.
Sonny & Julie.
Sonny just a few weeks old or so.
Sonny playing on the beach at the coast.

You are not a true cowboy unless you have your pacifier.
Which one do I want. I seriously found him like this one day & took a picture.
How many do you count? I think there's 5.

Me& my baby boy!!

I believe this was the day of his 2nd Birthday.

Daddy & his boy.

This was after Sonny fell in the pool. Don't worry. I was standing right there
& plucked him right out. Amazing what you can do when your instincts
just kick in.
My 2 handsome boys!!

What a cutie pie!!
Well Sonny, we've come a long way. You are so cute & it always amazed people how
well they could understand you even with you pacifier in. He still says,"need pacifier"
but I just tell him no, you are a big boy now. And he is getting so big. Kinda makes me sad.
But, it's ok.

3 comments:

Chuck Livingston said...

hand tuff. This is so much fun being a grandparent.

maroon6464 said...

I hope that day never comes for Sophie well I quess I do she loves her so much I'm not sure she could live without it LOL. I loved all the pictures way cute.

summerseverydaymoments said...

Hang in there! I know it is ruff at first but it is worth it!