Sunday, May 24, 2009

An Afternoon at the Lake

Blake, Sonny & I went to the lake with Grandpa, Naunie, Aunt Amelia & Baby Mason about a week ago. It was a nice day. Too bad it wasn't hot enough to go swimming. Oh well. When we got there my dad met us at the dock & I walked down with Sonny to get on the boat. I turned around to realize that Blake was standing at the end of the dock just waiting. I told him to hurry up but he just stood there. So I put Sonny in the boat & he proceeded to freak out & I went & got Blake. He wanted me to carry him & I said no way. So I got them both on the boat & we put life jackets on them. Safety, safety, safety. Then off we went. Blake was ok once we got going but had to tell grandpa not to go too fast. Sonny wasn't quite sure yet. This was his 1st time on the boat, besides being in utero. I told him to look at the water in the lake & he said, "no, that's the ocean." Funny kid. He started to enjoy the ride & then wanted to sit by himself. Makes me a little nervous cuz you never know what kids are gonna do & he could just pop out over the side. He was making funny faces & I wish I would've had the camera with me right then. Aw...dang it. Blake & Sonny had a fun afternoon playing in the water & Blake went for a long ride with Grandpa. Sonny was good about putting his life jacket on when he was playing in the water. I had a nice time chatting with Amelia & Naunie. I'm glad we went. By the way..........when Blake got back from his boat ride, his hair was all windblown & freaking awesome. It looked like the hairstyle that Brandon & Dylan both wore on 90210. If I could just figure out how to recreate it...hmmmmm
need to experiment with the hairdryer. Here's some pics I took.

Click to see larger images.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chuck Livingston said...

Guess Grandpa is a good hair stylist.

OLIVIA said...

What fun!

summerseverydaymoments said...

How very fun!! Hey I dont know how far it is from Seattle! But from me it was 6.5 hours!