Thursday, May 28, 2009

Buzz Oates-No Excuses 5k

Click on picture to see larger.
Well we had a really fun time at our No Excuses 5k that was on Memorial Day down at William Land Park. Blake was able to do another 1/2 mile & he came in @ 4 mins 6 secs. He was the 2nd 6 year old to cross the finish line. I was so Happy for him. I was also excited when Brad decided that he would join me on this 5k. I was really glad he was there!! He pushed me & I needed that (although he said he thought I was going to die). I'm still having some issues with my allergies & breathing (excuses, excuses). Anyway, Kimi was with us most of the time too. She would go ahead & we'd catch up all through out the 3 miles. She's a funny girl. This time they didn't have the clocks at the mile markers & I still haven't figured out how to use my expensive watch correctly(figures) so I had no clue how good (or bad) I was doing. We were getting closer to the finish line & I was so tired (I pushed myself & jogged for longer lengths of time than I normally do) but when I saw that the time was 42 mins I started to go as fast as I could. I crossed the line at 44:10 but my actual chip time was 43:09. Woohoo!!!!! That was way better than the 5k that was a week before (like 7 mins faster). I was so "freakin" happy!!!! Anyway the pictures that I took & had people take are above. There are probably more on Grandmother & Grandad's camera but I hope you enjoy the collage above (I'm sorta into making these right now. Don't know if they're better or worse. I think they take up less space. Whatever, I can do what I want, it's my blog) LOL!!! After the race we went to Pancake Circus. It was sooo good. I don't think I've ever seen Blake eat so much food in his entire life!! Or Sonny. They really needed it I guess. Well the next 5k isn't until July buy my 1/2 marathon is coming up in about a month. Hope I'm ready!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristine said...

WAY TO GO! Seriously awesome. I wish it wasn't a million degrees outside so I could run right now.