Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What a GREAT Mother's Day

Yes, this year I believe was the BEST Mommy's Day I've ever had!! Amazing. It's actually kind of a hard day for me but I always put my best face on. My life is not perfect (what, I hear you all snickering) but I do try to remember the good things about mommy's day & try not to remember the things that make it hard. Believe it or not, there are a lot of other mom's out there that have a hard time too. It's not just me. The only difference is, I don't skip out on the festivities like some other mom's I know. It's not that I don't like the recognition, I do, it's just I have my own issues ( and no, I will not be spilling my guts here & now). Let's just remember that no matter what, every mom is special & deserves to be told Happy Mother's Day in some way. So, now that that's out of the way, let's get down to the fun stuff!!
Mommy's day started for me on Friday!! Yes, Friday. Brad & Blake went on the annual Fathers & Sons Campout with our Stake. I was so excited for them to go. Blake's finally old enough to go & do stuff like this & it wasn't raining cuz Brad said he wouldn't go if it was raining!! Hurray!! My husband & son went on a camping trip together. ( For those of you who know my sweet Brad, he doesn't usually like to do social things cuz he's just Brad, so this was way, way excititng for me!!!) So, they left & off I went to take Sonny to Grandad's so I could go to the Temple with, Grandmother, Lisa & Kimi. It's always a treat to go to the Temple!! After our session (which was unusually small for a Friday night) we met up with Grandad & Bryan @ Cattleman's & had a fun Mommy's Day dinner with family!! I was so impressed with Sonny, he was very well behaved. I had such pride in my heart. My kids are awfully spoiled but we try really hard to instill discipline for when they are acting inappropriately. Then Saturday I took Sonny & met up with Lisa for our 6 mile workout. Then home & ready for Blake's baseball game. After that I got to go out b myself for a few hours. I went tanning (yes, I go tanning), got a new pair of shoes (gotta ♥ gift cards), & went to Kohl's & used my giftcard I got from Lisa. Then I went & got my favorite from Chipotle. Yes, what a great day!! Sunday was great & I got my gifts from my "own" little family. The pictures are below:
What better way to show your mom how much you "really" LOVE her than with a card full of Star Wars guns. (the other side was full of light sabers)
This is a paper mache bowl that Blake made for me at school. He was so proud
& of course I have "stuff" to put inside.

Blake & Sonny were with Sisa & they picked out a bunch of charms for me to wear.
I ♥ them all. Plus I've started wearing more jewelry so it was perfect!!
And from my sweet husband. I am a HUGE Twilight fan & he got me this really
awesome book!! I'm not done going through it, I'm taking my time. It's great!!
He also got me this really cool apple paper weight. It goes along with Twilight.
After Church we went over to Brad's mom's & he made dinner for us. That was his gift to his mom & we had a very nice time.
I hope that everyone else was able to get some "me" time like I was & was able
to feel loved & appreciated just a little more.
(side note: the day ended with my sweet angel Blake getting in massive trouble because I walked by & saw him with his hands around his brother's neck because he wouldn't be quiet!! He was punished & sent to bed @ 7:00 with no stories & no family prayer. It wouldn't be a complete day without one of them getting in trouble. Ahhhhh, the joys of being a mommy...)
Thank you to Brad, Blake & Sonny for
giving me the opportunity to be a mommy!!!
I ♥ you!!!

4 comments:

Cat said...

Sweet!

You're right, mother's day is hard for a lot of people. My mom hates it! It always made me sad as a kid because she didn't want us to do anything for her. And even now that I am grown, and I love to be spoiled, it is still hard for me to call my mom because she gets so peevish about it.

Glad you had a great one!!!

Unknown said...

Great day...and adorable card! star wars guns and all! perfect :)

tracy

summerseverydaymoments said...

How very awesome! Sounds like you had a great day!!

Kristine said...

LOVE the Star Wars guns... oh that is too funny.