Tuesday, July 21, 2009

1st Day in Seattle

So....here we go (I've finally decided that separate posts is the way to go).............Lisa & I headed off to Seattle on a Thursday afternoon (last month) to participate in the Inaugural Rock n' Roll Marathon. We were signed up to do the 1/2 marathon. The flight was easy & uneventful. I'm always so impressed with the landings & the fact that we are up in the air. Amazing. Anyway, we went to get our rental car & it was kinda cool but I don't think we'd ever get one again. It was a Suburu (a new model). Not bad just not our fave. Found our way to the city & looked & looked for our hotel. It seemed it was nowhere to be found. Finally, we found it though. Seattle reminds me a lot of San Francisco. Hilly & crazy, not my fave place to drive, even while sitting in the passenger seat. LOL!! At one point we were at the bottom of a hill kind of in the intersection behind a big bus. Lisa was trying to get out of the intersection but there was no place to go & then the bus rolled back a little & we were sooo close. I thought I was going to die!!!I ♥ my mother-in-law, but we just drive soooo differently. I am very cautious & she is very gutsy. As you can see, I survived. We checked in to the "W" hotel. Fancy Schmancy. Have you ever been in a hotel where you have to use your key card to make the elevator work? Not me, thought it was a little weird, but it was a really cool hotel. Here's some pics of the hotel room. NICE!! We had a pretty nice view. After we got settled we changed our clothes & headed off to the Temple!! (next post).
(click on images to see larger)

No comments: