Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Friday @ the Expo & Sight Seeing

Friday morning we headed out to the Expo for the marathon& to pick up our shirt & numbers & all the other goodies they give you for participating. WoW!!! The expo was amazing. They have just about everything you could think of for walkers/joggers/runners. If you need something, they've got it. A little overwhelming, but way cool. Lisa & I had to make a pit stop & when I came out she was talking to these 2 guys & introduced me to them. As they continued talking I started wondering if I actually knew them & then finally I asked them their last name. They said Goold. I thought, "no way." I then asked if they were related to Patty Goold & they said yes. I know Patty from Girls Camp & she has become a good friend. Wow...how crazy that I just spent a week with Patty & I come to Seattle & run in to 2 of her brothers-in-law!!!! Crazy!! I had to take pictures & put them on Facebook to show Patty. After the Expo we went to lunch & then went sight seeing.
(click on images to see larger)
We went to the Space Needle which was right across the street from where we ate. What an amazing view from way up there. I kinda felt a little out of sorts being up there & looking all around but it was really cool & worth it. We went on a tour around the city on one of those double decker buses. That was fun!! I know I have more pictures but I have to transfer them from my cell phone & I haven't really wanted to take the time to do it. I know....LAZY!!
It was really fun to go around the city, I'd love to go back again & do some of the other tours too. Did you know that Seattle was rebuilt on top of the old city after a huge fire & that all the buildings are made of concrete? No wood in that city, so there's an underground tour that you can go on. That would be cool. After we went sight seeing, we went back to our hotel & ate dinner & went to bed early. We had to be on our bus @ 4:45 a.m. to take us to the starting line. Ya!!! 4:45am. Crazy!!! The hotel food was soooooo good. (now I have to send all my photos from the marathon from my phone to the computer. I used my cell phone cuz I didn't want to carry a huge camera...be back soon).


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

michael goold is in my ward. small world, huh?