Friday, July 31, 2009

Swimming Lessons....It's about Time!!!

Blake had his 1st round of Swim Lessons during the 1st part of July. I finally got my butt in gear & got him signed up (thank you Grandmother). I myself was a wee bit nervous for him. He's 6 1/2 & usually has to wear a life jacket. So off we went to the "Fabulous" new Antelope Aquatic Center. Wow....that place is sooo AWESOME!! It was a little chilly, but that's ok. Soooo Blake kinda freaked out on the 1st day. I forgot to mention that on 4th of July while they were swimming Blake stepped off the last step & was floundering & got a little freaked out before Brad could reach him. So his 1st day of class he was a little reluctant to say the least & would NOT let go of the teacher!! I was a little embarrassed & worried that he wouldn't get any better. I spoke with his teacher after & he said it was totally fine & that he would learn to "TRUST" them. Here's a few pictures of a couple of his lessons.

1st day.
Come on Blake...get your face wet....NO WAY!!

Learning to swim on his back.
Way to go Blake!!!
Hanging out by the side of the pool.
Well I am so HAPPY to say that Blake did very well in his lessons & he did finally put his whole face in the water & is doing great. We actually went swimming a few times & he is just doing great & he even says, "look mom" & dunks his face in the water. Woohoo. I would like him to do another round of lessons so he is even more comfortable in the water.
P.S. One of the last days of the lessons another mom & I were talking & she said I looked familiar. Come to find out we were in 5th & 6th grade together. CRAZY!! I thought it was so cool that she recognized me from so long ago. Now we are friends on Facebook & can keep in better touch & she knows a bunch of my friends too. Small world.

No comments: