Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Baby Gifts

I had 2 baby showers recently & this is what I did. For my cousin who's having a girl I made a ragged edge baby quilt (the pink & red squares). It was really easy & super messy after you wash it but all in all I was pleased with the results. Then my friend Shamay had twin boys in August & had a baby shower just the other day. I wasn't able to attend (3 other parties going on that day) but it was still an opportunity for me to practice my sewing skills. I made bibs & a couple burp cloths. I did the snap buttons instead of sewing buttons because I could not find my foot for the button holes. The snaps are seriously so much easier. I think I will continue to do them that way. Well, I hope they both liked their gifts.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

i only know one shamay - was it shamay weight? diff last name now of course.

Stephanie said...

oh and great job on the gifts. you have been busy! we need to have another sewing day...

Shan B. said...

Yes Steph....It was Shamay Waite but it's Bartlett now....she had twins.

Pink Petunia Designs said...

Love these Shan. You will have to do a tutorial.

JEN...Thats me! said...

Super cute!