Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tahoe for a Day

On the Friday of Labor Day weekend Brad & I decided that we would go ahead & have Blake skip school & we'd go up to Tahoe for the day for the annual Westco Golf Tournament. We got up early & went to breakfast & then we were on our way. On the way there Sonny started wimpering & I kept asking Blake what was wrong & why was Sonny crying. Blake said he didn't know...of course I was thinking that he was poking him or something. Then all of a sudden there was this noise...like a deep belch or something & then......puke, puke & more puke. All over Sonny & his car seat. We pulled off to the side of the road & started to take care of this yucky problem. EWWWW. Of course I did NOT have spare clothes for either kid because I thought...no big deal...we're just going for the day. Boy was I WRONG!!! Anyway thank goodness for baby wipes & I kept the extra car seats (for babysitting) in the car. I had thought about taking them out before we left. Too bad I didn't take any pics of my little Sonny standing on the side of the road in just his diaper. He looked so cute. He actually didn't fuss or get mad while I was wiping him down ( I was surprised). Apparently he had been eating some popcorn that was in the car & the popcorn on top of bacon & pancakes was too much for his tummy. So we got back in the car & continued on our journey. We stopped at the Ross & Brad got him a new outfit & then gave him a bath when we got to the cabin. What a great Daddy!!!
Blake went with some of the older kids & Grandmother & Grandad to go min golf & Brad & I took Sonny & we went walking to go to all the shops. It was fun & we had pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express. It was so good. We stopped & got some cookies (I know...feed Sonny more junk...but he was totally fine after he puked in the car). We took Sonny to a different mini golf place to ride some of the rides.
After we met back up with everybody we took the boys to a beach that was near the cabin. It was fun to watch the boys play but it was a tad windy going that late in the afternoon.

Posted by Picasa




After we went to the beach we took the kids to the arcade to have some fun. They had tons of fun & loved getting tickets to get prizes. Too bad the prices of the games aren't as cheap as Chuck E Cheese. Oh well. We had fun & that's what matters. After the games we went to the banquet for dinner & then headed home.
Posted by Picasa
What a great day we had & we all got along all day...major plus!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

i have dealt with puke in the car several times, not fun!!! at least i was always on my way home though.