Monday, November 9, 2009

Rag Dolls

As everybody knows....I have boys & I try to be very proactive about all things boy. But.....on occasion I want to make something girly. Also on occasion I get a craft bug going. One day back in October (I know...late posting) I decided I wanted to make a simple rag doll. So off I went to the trusty "world wide web" & typed in simple rag doll off I went. The 1st one I made is the pink & blue flowered doll with no face & no hair. I made my own pattern & off I went to sew. I made some real rookie mistakes but I got the gist of what I needed to do. Then I decided it would be fun to make a Halloween doll too. I have plenty of scraps to use so I did. I really wanted to do hair on the doll this time & I used the hair pattern from "black apple dolls" & tweaked it to fit my doll head. It was really fun & I intend to make more "holiday dolls" for my nieces for Christmas. Gotta get going though. I know eventually I will be able to just whip these out like it's nothing & Kylie...(the little girl I babysit) has no problem carrying these little dolls around.
I can't wait to make more.

Pattern for simple rag doll here.
Pattern for Black Apple Doll: here

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brandy said...

That is so cute! I tried to make a black apple rag doll...it was..um...not pretty. The fabric I used for the arms and legs was so thin that it ripped the seams when I stuffed it and I had issues with making a face on it! I need to try again sometime. I love yours!!