Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Crafts with the Kids

Well...my friend Jaime & I got together on a weekly basis & did Christmas crafts with & for the kids. Sometimes we ended up doing everything...hahaha...but the kids really had fun. We had Christmas stamps & think the kids liked those the best so I will have to get more that are not themed. I also let the kids paint. It was finger paint but they only wanted to use the brushes.
The brown paper is actually supposed to be used for covering school books but it works great for projects. I picked a bunch of it up @ Target when they have all the back to school stuff on clearance. Great stuff.
On another day we made Rudolph with cutouts of their shoeprint & their hands & then added googly eyes & red pom poms for the nose...Of course. We also made Christmas tree pictures by drawing the outline of a tree & then shredding green construction paper & gluing on (thanks again Brandy for the idea). Then you just add on whatever decorations you have on hand to make it all fancy. Then we decorated foam stockings with foam stickers. That was so easy & fun. We also had an assortment of wooden ornaments for the older kids to color & then decorate with glitter glue. Blake made of ton of them & I even made a few one night. We sent some to our cousins who live out of state & attached them to presents. I really hope they enjoyed them. Now we have a stash of stuff for next year too & I think I will bring them out in November (the wooden decorations) so we will have them done in time instead of scrambling around.

I had fun with the kids & I hope they did too. Oh..the snowman stockings are from a FREE craft day at Michael's. I took the kids on a rainy morning & my friend Jaime took her family & when we were done we went shopping. It was fun.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

I really need to check out Michael's free craft days! Your crafts turned out so cute! I wish we could have done more this year, but ended up having to go to CA for a week in a half. That kind of put a damper on crafts, lol.

summerseverydaymoments said...

Dang it I did projects with my kids and daycare kids as well but I forgot to take pictures!!!