Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Show me your Stars Sonny!!

Towards the beginning of the month I had to take Sonny to his 1st of many dental treatments. I've been taking him for cleanings since he was 1 because of what happened with Blake. I was hoping that he would get used to the dentist by taking him in at such an early age. Well....let's just say that cleanings are NOT his fave!!! I found out that he has some cavities....awww crap!!! I was hoping he'd have the good teeth. No such luck but at least we are catching it early so he hopefully won't have to have the same stuff as Blake. Hopefully just fillings & no pullings. I had to take him in for his 1st visit on one of my babysitting days so my awesome Sister-in-law Kimi said she was available to go with me & sit with the kids while I was back with Sonny. Thank goodness because I don't know what I would have done if she wasn't there with me.
We took Sonny back & he played for a little bit & then it was time.
Let's just say he FREAKED out!!!
And boy is he a STRONG little boy.
Thank goodness for the awesome staff at
Weideman Pediatric Dentistry!!!!
Anyway we got through it....
I didn't cry but I sure could've &
I'm not a mom that cries when my kids are at the doctors.
I laugh because I don't know what else to do.
I know weird.
Well...he survived...the little trooper...
I mean...he's 3 & wouldn't you freak if somebody put something in your mouth to keep it open & then started doing weird stuff in there?!!
Probably.
And we still have to go back a few more times.
Dang cavity prone teeth....and...whatever sugar crap I let him eat.
Here's a picture a few days later of me asking him to "show me your stars".
That's what the dentist calls them.
Ahhhhhhh!!!!
I love this picture.
So now I'm always telling him to show everybody his stars & then people show him their stars.
It's pretty safe to say that most people have stars in their teeth too.

1 comment:

summerseverydaymoments said...

Yeah I hate dentist trips too! Not the most fun that is for sure! I know what you mean when you say you laugh cause your not sure what to do I am the same way!