Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pre-♥ Day Fun

The day before ♥day was a busy one for us. We started off the morning by FINALLY getting Blake signed up for baseball. Then we went to the gym (something I am doing more regularly), the grocery store & finally home. Whew what a morning. Then after I took a shower & was making myself look normal again, Aunt Kimi called to say that she & Uncle Bryan were at the mall & that I should bring the boys over to see all the firemen, trucks & helicopters. So I picked up the pace & finished my beauty regimen & off we went. We met up with Aunt Kimi & Uncle Bryan & went around & looked at all the stuff. Blake & Sonny got to sit in the helicopter...that was cool & then after a while we went for a ride in one of the older firetrucks. That was really fun. There was a firefighter that climed up a ladder & then repelled back down. It was really high & they even had a smashed up car & demonstrated how they got the cars open with the "jaws of life" to get people out in a real situation. That was cool but also crazy to think about & I'm ever so grateful that I've only been in minor fender benders. Thank goodness!!
So here's our fun pictures from our "Fill the Boot" safety outing.
(click on images to see larger)
I ♥ all the fun faces that the boys make.
After our fun filled day it was the time of day to decide what's for dinner. Well, we weren't going to go out to do anything special for ♥day but Brad told us to get loaded up in the car. I never know what he's up to or where he's taking us (which drives me nuts) but off we went. We ended up at this place called Suzie B's downtown & it was good & fun. Thank goodness for gift cards. We all got a sweet treat after we ate & that was fun.
Blake with his chocolate covered ice cream cone.
And Sonny with his
(this family sitting behind Sonny had a little baby that was flirting with me the whole time.
He was a cutie but he's not in the picture).

Sonny with a chocolate covered face.
Here's Blake shoving the last bite in his mouth.
I can't believe he ate the whole thing. Funny how kids say they are totally full & then you give them an ice cream cone & they eat the whole entire thing! Kids!
Anyway...it was fun to go out as a family & not feel the pressures of Valentine's Day. I already have too much pressure for Brad's birthday & Father's day & our Anniversary & Christmas to worry about getting him something else he probably didn't want/need in the 1st place. It's always hard to shop for Brad. He ends up going out to buy stuff for himself anyway & then I feel a little cheated because if he would've just told me a few things he'd like I could get him something he really wanted. Oh well. What's a girl to do?
Oh & I bought fudge from the YW in our ward so I did get a little ♥day treat for myself & I didn't really share either....maybe that's why I'm a little soft around the edges. Hmmm....

No comments: