Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Super "Bowl"-ing Sunday

As many of you know...Brad is a HUGE football fan & that includes the "Superbowl" whether "his" team made it or not. He finally decided that we'd go as a family to this place called Strikes. It has a sportsbar/restaurant & bowling alley & video arcade. Yes...it is a Sunday...stop judging me!!! So off we went with his buddy Chris. The food was great...at least the salad I got & the kids had a lot of fun in the arcade. Me...not so much at 1st. It's still a lot of work to watch & monitor the kids while dad sits & watches the game with his friend. Anyway at halftime we decided it would be fun to actually bowl. Blake & Sonny had so much fun & Brad & I had fun helping Sonny throw the ball down the lane. Probably one of the longest games played but I couldn't help but smile with all of the excitement the boys had...especially Sonny. He cheered & did a little dance everytime & clapped for you even if you didn't hit any pins. I'm thinking that we will definitely have to do this again...maybe a little closer & cheaper (hopefully).
Sonny watching his very 1st ball go down the lane.
Watching.
Yay!!!!
Blake's turn.
Another try.
It cracks me up to watch Blake. There's always the big THUD & then the ball rolls.
Poor guy...he's left handed & it's kind of tough to
figure out the best way to get that ball down there. But he has a lot of fun while figuring it out.
Here they are waiting for their next turn...
(that's Chris, Brad's friend wondering why the heck he's here with these kids).
Sonny getting a drink.
Next stop...Dance Dance Revolution!!
Sonny loved getting up there & following the directions & then just dancing around. I've only played this game 2 times that I can remember but want to play it all the time but when there's nobody there to watch. I ♥ to dance but this game is a little intimidating.
The boys had a lot of fun playing games for what seemed like forever to me because I had to monitor their spending. Not like at Chucke E. Cheese's where I just hand them a few tokens & then send them on their way. Oh well...they got tons of tickets to turn in for prizes.
See!!!
Racing game...he also liked the motorcycle game too.
Turning in tickets.
Still going. I think they ended up with 500 tickets or so. They got their goodies & then we went to check on dad. The game was almost over. The Saints won & everybody was very excited!!! Time to go home & relax. I hope you all had fun too.

1 comment:

summerseverydaymoments said...

How fun!!! More fun than I had!