Monday, March 22, 2010

St. Patty's Day Cupcakes

Blake & Colby
Last week was St' Patrick's Day...just in case you forgot. 
 I made sure the kids had some green on & every year I wonder...why can't they just wear the all green shirts that I pick out for them...why oh why?  Oh well.
I thought it would be fun to make cupcakes & decorate them with green sprinkles from the Christmas stash & green Mike & Ikes.  Actually my idea was to make shamrocks with green frosting but I decided to go the easier route for the kids.  I made the cupcakes with my fabulous Demarle flexible bakeware while Blake was at school & then when we got home we decorated them.  Kylie's was gone before I even gave her the frosting & Sonny only got a little frosting on before he decided it was easier to just eat the frosting & cupcake by themselves.  Blake & Colby had a really fun time making their special cupcakes & then decorating the rest.  It was fun to watch.  It's not a holiday that we do much for so it was fun to make a sweet treat & the kids enjoyed it too.

~Shannon

No comments: