Sunday, April 25, 2010

Safetyville USA


 A few weeks back Blake's 1st grade class went on a field trip to Safetyville USA. I went because I've never been there & I've always wanted to check it out.
Well, we went on a tour & learned all about.....
(drum roll please)
                   SAFETY!!!!
It was fun & good to reinforce all those rules that we as parents are always trying to teach our kids. Everything is minature there & that was so cute. Mini streets, street lights & signs, garbage cans, & places of business (that of course were not real). The kids were disappointed to find out that the McDonald's was fake. We had a fun time & I'm glad I got to go. I got to meet some of the other mom's of the kids that I meet on the morning walk & that Blake talks about. There's a picture of the kids on the ground & at 1st you might think they are doing STOP, DROP & ROLL....but they are actually in "log" position. If you come across a dog & you want it to leave you alone you are supposed to stop & stand like a "tree". If you are already on the ground you are supposed to become a "log"...rolling on your back & clasping your hands behind your head. They say it works so I think I'll try the "tree" one if I need to because I am not a big fan of big dogs. It was a great learning experience with a little fun sprinkled in.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: