Friday, May 21, 2010

Colby's 5th Birthday Party


Colby, the little boy I babysit, turned 5 on the 14th & had an Indiana Jones themed birthday party on that Saturday. I took Blake & Sonny to join in on the festivities. It was a fun party & pretty much all boy except for a few girl cousins sprinkled in. There were water balloons, an obstacle course with snakes & they even got to throw water balloons at Adam (Colby's dad) at the end, a pinata & of course cake, ice cream & presents. Kylie was upset because her balloon popped all over her & she was super tired. The kids sure had fun on the obstacle course & of course tackling Adam at the end. And who doesn't love swinging blindfolded at a pinata to get candy? It's always fun & dangerous too. Breanne (Colby's mom) made a really cool treasure chest cake & it was delicious. I wish I could've had more. I'll have to ask her for the cake recipe. And Kylie finally had some fun eating cake while I was making funny faces at her. When it was time for presents I had a surprise of my own. Sonny had disappeared into the house & I thought I heard him crying so I got up to go see. Breanne had gone in too & said Sonny's a little bit messy. Well...that was putting it mildly!!! He was crying because...yup...you guessed it...he pooped & it was all over his legs & even got onto the carpet. Oh what a joy!!! So I spent the next 1/2 hour cleaning him up & the carpet. Oh what a joy (did I already say that?). Well I did my best to not get angry & to keep my emotions in check...I was so close to crying & I was embarrassed too. It's one thing to clean him up at home but a completely different scenario at somebody else's house. NO...he is not doing well at going to the bathroom when it's time for #2...he is excellent at peeing in the potty...but not the other. GOSH!!! What am I supposed to do??? Anyway, we cleaned up & Sonny in his undies, I apologized & off we went to give Sonny a bath & then go swimming at Grandmother & Grandad's. I then proceeded to have a mini meltdown at home because I feel like I'm failing at this #2 business & I've been reading more & I've come to the conclusion that I can't be mean...I just have to keep trying & be loving & he'll get it....hopefully sooner than later.......
Anyway...Happy Birthday Colb & thanks for inviting us. You are a great kid!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

summerseverydaymoments said...

I can totally feel you on the potty training problems! I have had them all!!