Monday, May 10, 2010

Mormon Helping Hands Day

This past Saturday members of our church...the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints...were involved in a huge community clean up day.  AKA "Mormon Helping Hands".  My ward was assigned to the Rusch House at Rusch Park.  I was able to take Blake & Sonny & we were able to participate in this great service project. 
(Sonny in the beginning. 
He kept calling his smock a Jedi cape & he really wanted to keep it. 
Guess I should learn how to make one for him.)

I was a little worried about the timing because Blake also had a baseball game at 10:00 & not at the same park.  That would've been convenient though.  Well...I decided that we would go for at least an hour.  I'm so glad we went.  We had a great time & spent most of it digging & planting flowers with Colby & Kylie's Grandparents (Lisa & Paul Durston) & 2 girls from young women's.
(Lisa Durston)
(Emily O. (above) & Emily G. (below)

(Sonny digging with his Jedi cape on)
 At one point Blake asked if he could come over & help us because he thought he'd be better at digging than weeding.  It was so cute & of course I let him switch tasks.  We learned how to transfer flowers from plastic containers into the ground. 
(Blake is great at digging!!!)
(Blake getting instructions from Paul)
(working on those roots)
(Blake & Nolan)
(totally ready to go home)
(he decided it would be easier to crawl down the grass instead of walking because I wouldn't carry him)

(ok...guess I'll just wait it out...I'm glad my camera takes great outdoor pics)
(just messing around...I do believe this is my best angle yet...hahaha)

Here I am with my 2 very happy boys before we left.  Blake didn't want to leave because he was having too much fun.  I'm glad he had a good experience.
It was fun & a great experience to clean up & beautify!! 
And we made it to the game with no problem but it was super cold!!!

No comments: