Friday, June 4, 2010

Blake's Incredible Month of May

MAY has come & gone but it sure was a good one for Blake!! 
He accomplished so much last month!!
So here's the rundown.....

Here's Blake in his suit for Church. 
I have never been the type of mom that made/makes my boys wear a suit to Church but I have always insisted that a collared shirt be involved.  I do however, insist that Blake (because he's 7 now)  wear a button up shirt & either a tie or a sweater vest.  I do this because I feel it completes the outfit & want to give the appearance that YES...I do care what he wears to Church.
Anyways....he chose his suit for the special occasion of giving his talk in Primary.  This was not his 1st talk, BUT, it was his 1st talk that he did not need mom or dad's help in the Primary room.  Brad was good enough to tackle the writing of the talk & having Blake practice before Church.  I'm usually still preparing everything I have to do for my class.  Thank you Brad!!!  He did great & didn't even need help on the tough name of Mosiah because we practiced all morning :)  Yay Blake & I'm so glad that he knows that you should always dress your best...especially if you are speaking in church.
Next.....yes my Blake is 7 years old but he
FINALLY
learned to tie his shoelaces on his own!!!! 
I cannot tell you how awesome that is for me!!! 
He's left handed & I think it was weird for him to watch me do something that looked backwards for him.  You should see it...it's very weird to watch BUT...he can do it on his own & they stay tied & I don't have to do it anymore!!!!
(sorry...no pics)
 
And FINALLY!!!!
Blake "mastered riding his bike"
(his words not mine)
I know a lot of kids learn to ride 2 wheelers way before the age of 7 but...
better now than never!!
He got a totally cool bike for Christmas & we went out a few times but he was just too nervous.  I even had the training wheels taken off of his "Rocket Quest" just in case he might be comfortable with a smaller sized bike.  Still...he just didn't want to do it.  He preferred to ride his scooter everywhere.  Ok...it's not like I was going to "force" him to ride it.  It's not going to make or break him...I hope.
Then one Sunday in May...after Church he decided he wanted to ride his bike.  I said...don't you mean your scooter...and he said No...my bike.  Ok I thought.  About 10 minutes later he ran in the house yelling MOM, MOM!!!  I just mastered riding my bike.  Really I said?  Then I went outside to see & I'm proud to say that YES, he had mastered it. 
We went in to get dad & the camera for proof. 
NOW
I can't get that kid off his bike. 
He even rides it to school!! 
He's even tried out other kids bikes &
 eventually he will get more comfy riding the bigger bike
 (it really is too big for him).
I'm so proud of this kid & all he's learned this past May!!
Now let's hope he doesn't drive me too crazy when school's out for Summer!!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

summerseverydaymoments said...

Hey I am glad that we are doing the 120 miles together did you check her blog you won something!! You go girl!