Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Swimming & a Lake Day

While Shane, Liz & Dennis were visiting we had a chance to hang out several times.  Shane was gone during the week working but all the girls were able to have a swim play date @ Amelia's & the kids swam & swam (so did I).  Amelia even brought out her big plastic slide so the kids could have a "water slide".  That was a lot of fun & Sonny had a blast.  I had to bribe Blake but after he went down several times he realized how fun it was & then when it was time to leave I had to threaten him.  He is a crazy kid.  Colby & Kylie were with us too & all the kids & cousins had fun swimming around in the innertubes. 

Most of the family went to the lake on the wednesday after the 4th but I wasn't able to get out there until that Saturday.  We packed up a cooler with some food & drinks & headed over to my parents house to hook up with everyone.  We headed out around 11:00am & we were there til 8:00pm.  It truly was a "day" at the lake.  We had a nice time & the weather was perfect.  Hot enough to want to go in the water but not so hot that you couldn't just sit in the chair under an umbrella.  Everybody had a chance to go on the boat or behind the boat.  I went on the "taco" with Blake & then Sonny & then April & then later I went on with Austin while Uncle Aaron was driving.  If I didn't know any better I'd have thought he was trying to kill me.  But...it was fun & it killed my head & my body.  Can't wait to do it again.  Someday I'd like to try wakeboarding again...maybe when there's not so many people wanting to have a turn.  My boys were actually doing great!!  Blake did even better than I thought he would.  With his life jacket on he swam out to the big boys more than once...that makes me so happy...he's a little cautious & I had to force him to go on the "taco".  I know...I'm the worst mom ever but you know what...he survived & he even wanted to try again later but it didn't happen.  Sonny was swimming all around too & before the day was over he was putting his whole face in the water & then coming up for air.  I think he was copying his cousin Austin because he was doing that too. 
It was a long & fun day & I hope we get to go again real soon :)
Here's my pictures.  Some of them are not great because you know...my camera...& I'm the only one that knows the little tricks but that's ok...you get the gist of it.  So here we go.......


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own digital slideshow

No comments: