Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Bike Ride at the Park- and a Flashback

One day last week Brad suggested that we take the kids to the park so they could ride their bikes. I thought it was a great idea. There's this park over by blake's school that has a parking lot that is always locked. I don't understand why it's locked & you can't park your car there, but it's a really great place to ride your bike. No cars!! I wonder. Anyway both boys had fun & Blake just needs a little more practice & we can try riding with no training wheels. I remember when my Dad took mine off. I thought it was so awesome, but I wasn't exactly smart about my 1st time with no support. I went to the top of the driveway & got myself ready to go. Here's the thing, the driveway wasn't that steep but there was a trailer & a car parked in the driveway so I had to maneuver in between the two while trying to stay upright. Crazy!! I know. So, I took off, gained way too much speed & turned left @ the sidewalk & crashed. I don't remember crying but I do remember trying to be brave & doing it again. Thank goodness once you learn you don't forget. This also brings to mind one time I ran into a parked car while trying to fly a kite. Man, I don't know what my problem was, oh wait, I remember the cute missionaries were coming for dinner & I was looking at them instead of watching where I was going. Still makes me laugh. Anyway, we're trying to teach Sonny to push his pedals. His bike is a little too big for him, but he sure did love it when I would push him while running behind. Life is fun. ♥
Faster Blake!!
Brad trying to encourage Sonny in his pedaling.
Look @ that happy Boy!
Sonny would get off & on over & over.
Never without his pacifier (it's almost time for it to go)
Wait for us..............................

No comments: