Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Fun!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Easter 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow




We had a very nice Easter this year. We started off early by decorating Easter Eggs with Grammy Sisa on the Sunday before Easter. The boys had fun & their cousin Libby was there too. Then it was Spring Break & I will post about that later. Then on Saturday after Blake's game & after Sonny finally woke up we got down to business coloring our eggs. Blake wanted to see how bright we could get the colors. We had fun & Sonny helped us too. Then on Sunday the boys woke up bright & early (of course) & we went out to see what the Easter Bunny brought. They both got baskets full of fun art stuff to do inside & outside with only a few packages of Spongebob fruit snacks. We didn't want to do candy because we knew they'd get it at Grammy Sisa's house. Blake was a little disappointed that there were no eggs to find but we told him the Easter egg hunt would be later at Sisa's. So after church & after naps we headed over to Sisa's for dinner & the egg hunt. We had lots of fun & I think that we should do egg hunts without the Easter Bunny every year. The Bunny can bring baskets & we'll do the hunt later at someone else's house. We had a very nice time & even Sonny finally got the hang of hunting for the eggs. What a great time to remember the Resurrection of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. I feel honored & blessed to have The Gospel in my life & to know my Savior. I hope you all feel blessed as well. And if you don't know your Savior, maybe you should take a little time to get to know Him & learn all the wonderful things He has done for each & every one of us. It's hard for me to only celebrate at Easter & Christmas. I feel I celebrate in my heart & mind all the time & don't think that He should only be celebrated twice a year. Thank goodness I was lucky enough to be born into a family that has always had the Gospel. I am truly grateful.

No comments: