Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Primary Quarterly Activity Craft

So last week was Spring Break & we decided it would be a good time to do our Quarterly Activity for the Primary Children. Of course it was my turn to be in charge. (Like I didn't have a million other things going on that week). I decided it would be fun to make these cute picture frames with pictures of the Savior coming out of the tomb & talking with Mary outside of the tomb. We did that 1st. & then played relay races with plastic eggs. After that we did the Easter story with strips of it in the plastic eggs. The kids had so much fun doing the picture frames & decorating with stickers & the relay races. The story time was a little bit harder but I was so glad for the big turnout that we had. After they got to eat cupcakes with green frosting & jellybeans hidden in the green coconut. All in all, it turned out great & I didn't need to be so stressed. It all came together. Thank Goodness.
This is the one that Blake made with all of the Spider Man Stickers.
These are the one's I made for examples. Very easy to do.
8 popsickle sticks (glue sets of 2 together) & then glue 4 corners together
picture (glue to backside of frame)
ribbon to hang
embellishments
glue gun works best & fastest

I think I'm going to try & make one with Colby(the boy I babysit) & then do
something like it for their mom for Mother's Day. It's so easy &
very, very kid friendly.

No comments: