Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2nd Annual Alzheimer's 5k

So, the day after the FUN concert I went to we had the Alzheimer's 5k. Needless to say, I was exhausted but we were going to do the 5k bright & early. I think I got maybe 4 hours of sleep. Oh well, the things I do to go out & have a fun night. Anyway it's a huge thing for our family (Brad's side). His great-grandmother Joy had Alzheimers & this year it will be 2 years since she passed away. Westco Plumbing put together a nice big team & raised $$ for this great cause. So many people are affected by this disease & we need to learn more about what causes it.
This time we left the boys with Grandmother & Grandad so we didn't have to push any strollers & I could work on my time. I found this awesome program to help me so that when I finish the 9 week training I should be able to RUN/JOG the whole 5k. AWESOME!!! I think I was on week 4 this particular week. I improved my time by at least 1 minute. We crossed around 41 minutes & I wanted 40 minutes but oh well. Next time.
Here's a picture of the kids FUN RUN. It's always so cute to watch the little runners.
Team Westco's tent being manned by Grandmother & Grandad.
Here's Blake in his race...Go Blake Go!!
Here he is again!!
Here's me & Brad checking in after the run.
Well, I'm so glad we got to go & do this 5k. It's always fun to have Brad do something with me that I enjoy doing even if he is ALWAYS better than me. Oh well. Someday I'll be able to go at his pace instead of him going with mine. Love you Brad!!!

2 comments:

summerseverydaymoments said...

You go!! I hate running!!! I will walk the track at the high school here I really enjoy that but no running for me!!

macylee36 said...

First of all, I love this new background on your blog! Secondly, did Brad run a marathon? I think you are better than him at something :P
Shane's better at everything than me, except for putting contacts in, haha!