Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Paramore/No Doubt Concert

So after No Doubt performed on American Idol a few months back my friend Sonya & I decided it would be really fun to go & see them when they came in to town. Especially since their opening band was going to be Paramore & they are "freaking" awesome!! The 2 of us used to go to concerts all the time & we haven't been in some time so this was going to be really fun. She said she'd go ahead & get the tix & I could pay her back that night. Well.....she got 6 tix & then the order went through twice so she ended up with 12 tix & didn't know what to do. I told her I'd help her find people to take the tix. So I posted a note on Facebook that we had 6 extra tix if anybody was interested & they were only $15 bucks a pop. Who could beat that. Well I took an extra ticket for my friend Jaime cuz the only other concert she'd ever been to was Alanis Morissette (sp?) & I knew she had to go with me cuz "No Doubt"puts on an awesome show. I've seen them live before. Ok...1 down. Then my friends Julie & Amie said they wanted to go too...ok 2 more. Then my friend Hollie said she wanted to go too...1 more. So that was 4 tix down 2 to go. As the concert got closer Julie had 2 more people that wanted to go & finally all 6 extra tix had been accounted for. The day of the concert was so crazy. I had to work & then get my kids & Brad had to work too (yay) his new job at BofA but I was cutting it close. I needed to pick up Jaime...go to the bank....& pick up Hollie & get to Sonya's hotel room (that's another story) all by 5pm. Ya!!! Didn't happen. Well Sonya left the tix for me at the desk & then me, Jaime, & Hollie met up with Julie & Amie & friends off of HWY65 & Julie led us the back way to the venue. THANK GOODNESS for Julie's back way. We cut out so much traffic & made it to the concert before Paramore went on. Thank goodness there was another opening act. Finally met up with Sonya after the concert. I had sooooo much fun. I ♥ going to concerts. There's just nothing like it in the world. It's just awesome & Paramore & No Doubt totally ROCKED!!!! Gwen Stefani is amazing & I wish I had her body. Someday....maybe when I'm a ROCKSTAR (sigh)!! Here's a few pics that Hollie took with her phone. Too bad when I transfer them they turn out totally small. Lame!! Oh well.
The Marquis outside the venue
Jaime, Hollie & Me

Hollie & Me

Paramore's backdrop
Julie & her cousin.


(Apparently I have to copy the picture when it's big & then it will transfer normal size. I just learn as I go....LOL!!!) I'll have to ask Hollie why she didn't take any pics of No Doubt.

2 comments:

summerseverydaymoments said...

How awesome!! I would of loved to go to that to bad I don't live in the same state!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gwen has amazing abs. How the hell has she had two kids?