Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My 1st Grader!!!

It's official!!! Blake is a 1st Grader!!! Woohoo!!! The 1st day of school Blake & I were up bright & early (school starts @ 7:45am) & he got dressed & I gave him a light breakfast. We headed out the door a little early so we wouldn't be late because we were walking. As he & I walked he told me that his tummy was so excited that it was way ahead of us. Funny!! I'm so glad he didn't say he was nervous. I'm so excited for him this year. I hope he makes friends easily & excels at everything he does!!! No...I don't cry when I take him to school, although I do feel a sense of overwhelming JOY to know & see that he is growing up & learning. Wow!! What a feeling.

Walking up to the School.
Blake in his classroom.

Blake sitting at his desk.
(Once again with the tiny pics...these were from my cell phone.)
Went to Back to School night the other night & wow!!! Blake's going to learn a lot in 1st grade. I hope that we will all be able to work together so that he will be a really good student.



1 comment:

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

So Cute! He starts school at 7:45?!!!! That's outrageous! MaryEllen starts Kindergarten next week and I signed her up for the PM class because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get her there for the 9AM start of the morning class. You must have your act way more together than me!