Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Live Nativity

This past Sunday we had the opportunity to attend a "LIVE Nativity" at one of the nearby Churches (sorry, I can't remember what church). It was really really cool & I'm so glad that my boys liked it too. They had their Church grounds set up just like Bethlehem. When you 1st walked in you had to sign in just like they did back then & then you got to walk around the city & try to find the New Born Babe. It was really cool. We found Mary & Joseph & Baby Jesus 1st & the boys were so reverent. Sonny took all the pictures of them but I only posted 1. Then we walked around the rest of the city & looked at all of the amazing things they brought to life. The kids really enjoyed the live animals. Sonny even held a real bunny rabbit. Blake was mesmerized by the wood carvers & even said he'd like to do that one day. They had actors all around talking about the Christ child & Roman Soldiers & even Inn Keepers saying they were out of room. I'm really glad that Lisa & I packed up the boys on this very cold night to go and experience this sacred event.

Mary, Joseph & Baby Jesus
Lisa, Me & Sonny

Here we are with a girl from our ward who is in the 4-H program
& they helped with the sheep & goats.
Watch out for those Roman Soliders (Sonny took this one too)

The 3 Wise Men.
They looked so great I had to take their picture.



Here's the rest of the pics...mainly of all the animals that we all took.
We even ran into a family from our Ward.
(click on images to see larger)
What an amazing experience for my boys. I really feel it's important for me to continually remind them the real reason we celebrate Christmas. I'm hoping that we can find another one to go to before Christmas is gone. It really helped me too. It really made me want to come home & read the "Fishers of Men" Series even though it's about Christ's ministry but it just made me want to get lost in the history of my Savior's time. I haven't done it yet but I will.
I'm so grateful for this Church community that put this on. I think it's something we will look forward to every year.
Posted by Picasa