Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Blake!!!

Another Birthday has come & gone for my oldest boy!!
I seriously cannot believe that he is 7!! Where has the time gone?! I remember him being a tiny baby & he's definitly not that tiny baby anymore!! Anyway....Blake was born on New Year's Eve & since his very 1st Birthday I've tried to make sure we actually celebrate on that day. So far so good. What a great day to have a party anyway...right?! We've done a pizza party every year so far. This year it was the same...he seems to enjoy it & has tons of fun so we will keep doing it until he asks for something different. I didn't intend to do a "Spongebob" theme but those are the decorations dad came home with so I just went with it. We played a game of "Stinging Jellyfish" or "Hot potato" as most people know it & "Pin the pants on Spongebob" & we even had a "Spongebob pinata". Those kids had so much fun!! One of these years we will plan his Birthday before the school break so he can actually invite his friends from school but we still had at least 10 kids. That's a lot!!! We ate 1st & then played games.


The Party's Games
(click on images to see larger)
After all the games we went ahead & sang to Blake & had Ice Cream cake & then opened presents. It's always fun to watch kids faces light up as they are being sung to.
Cake & presents.

Blake got a lot of really cool stuff from his friends & family but we got him something super special this year. Brad & I decided that he is old enough for a Nintendo DS so that's what he got. He wanted it for Christmas so bad & was so HaPpY when he got it for his Birthday!!! He plays it all the time & is saving up to get a new game. Well we had lots of fun this year on Blake's Birthday & I think we learned a lot too.
Like maybe my husband should listen to me & not get frozen pizzas because it's cheaper & let me get the pizzas from Costco because it's cheap too & then we don't have to cook them while people are waiting.
Oh & I had my mother-in-laws house so clean too...not so much after but it was awesome!!!


Happy 7th Birthday Buddy!!!
We ♥ you very much!!!!

No comments: