Monday, February 8, 2010

Be Mine ♥'s

With Valentine's Day approaching my friend Jaime & I thought it would be fun to have our boys who are in school make homemade cards for their classes. Valentine's day is on Sunday this year & I know Blake's class is having their class party on the Friday before because the week after they are out of school for a week so we needed to get going on these before we ran out of time & it wouldn't be fun anymore. I know that you can find really cheap cards at the stores but I think it's fun to make our own...especially since I have tons of paper supplies & Blake ♥'s to be creative. And if I don't have to spend any money, even if it's only a couple of bucks...it really helps out. So this is what we came up with.
1. Hershey Kisses or your fave sweet treat
2. ♥s with your message inside
(created by Jaime)
You could have the kids write it themselves depending on how old they are
& how much patience they will have.
3. Larger ♥ cutouts with fun scissors or just regular scissors
(Jaime & I cut these out. Glad we did cuz it took forever!!)
4. Give the kids whatever supplies you have to decorate & have them color the
plain ♥s with the message inside. When they are done they can cut them out
or you can to save time.
Also have them write From: .....
on the back of the larger ♥'s.
5. Then glue everything together & WHA-LA!! You have a cute homemade Valentine Card!!
You can make these as fancy or as simple as you'd like. The hardest part was cutting
the ♥'s out with the fancy scissors.
HaPpY VaLeNtInE's DaY (early)!!

No comments: