Monday, February 8, 2010

Be Mine ♥'s

With Valentine's Day approaching my friend Jaime & I thought it would be fun to have our boys who are in school make homemade cards for their classes. Valentine's day is on Sunday this year & I know Blake's class is having their class party on the Friday before because the week after they are out of school for a week so we needed to get going on these before we ran out of time & it wouldn't be fun anymore. I know that you can find really cheap cards at the stores but I think it's fun to make our own...especially since I have tons of paper supplies & Blake 's to be creative. And if I don't have to spend any money, even if it's only a couple of bucks...it really helps out. So this is what we came up with.
1. Hershey Kisses or your fave sweet treat
2. s with your message inside
(created by Jaime)
You could have the kids write it themselves depending on how old they are
& how much patience they will have.
3. Larger cutouts with fun scissors or just regular scissors
(Jaime & I cut these out. Glad we did cuz it took forever!!)
4. Give the kids whatever supplies you have to decorate & have them color the
plains with the message inside. When they are done they can cut them out
or you can to save time.
Also have them write From: .....
on the back of the larger 's.
5. Then glue everything together & WHA-LA!! You have a cute homemade Valentine Card!!
You can make these as fancy or as simple as you'd like. The hardest part was cutting
the 's out with the fancy scissors.
HaPpY VaLeNtInE's DaY (early)!!

No comments: