Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Got Eggs?



We had several opportunities this year to decorate eggs. 
We got together at my parent's house with my sister's & their kids (all boys)
 to color eggs & we then colored more at our house because for some reason there was a surplus of hardboiled eggs.  I also had Blake glue faces on some of those eggs to do something different.  We also decorated foam egg shapes with stickers & hung those up on the door for decoration. 
Naunie with the grandkids...Mason, Gabe, Blake & Sonny (heads)
Here's my boys.
What's up with the whisks?  Let me explain.
Amelia (my sis) said she read in a magazine somewhere that putting the egg inside
a whisk makes coloring eggs easier for little ones.  I thought it was a great idea.
The kids thought it was cool too.
Gabe & Blake
Gabe getting serious about this egg thing.
Mason...he's so cute...mom took his shirt off because he was bound to get
colored.
Stop taking my picture mom
Blake did the most...he is a little older & able to stay focused just a little longer.
Here we are at home & Sonny is showing me his plain white egg.
Do you like how conference is in the background?  I was trying to watch it at the same time.
Blake showing me his plain white eggs.  I wanted to to the extra eggs when we got home because I wanted to make eggs with really vibrant colors.  The eggs we did @ Grandpa & Naunie's were more of a pastel color.  They were pretty but I wanted them to be bright!!!  So I used vinegar instead of just water to see if that's the key.  Maybe it's the vinegar & the brand. 
These turned out much brighter & I liked them a lot!! 
 (we used Paas brand which is the best I think).
The boys also decorated eggs with their cousin Libby & Grammy
earlier in the month but those pics didn't turn out.  Oh well.
Next time.

No comments: