Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Visit to the Park

Last week was Spring Break!!  Yippee!! 
I wasn't sure how everything was going to go seeing as how the weather didn't look so "springy".
And it's always a "joy" to find things for 4 kids to do when it's raining....hahaha.
BUT....I got a text from my friend Sarah H. saying that she was in town & she wanted to get together at a park so the kids could play.  I think it's been at around 2 years since she & her family moved back out to Utah & she & her family have been greatly missed!!  I was so excited & happy that I'd have a chance to see her while they were visiting.  I told Blake & he was excited too!!  So we set up a day & time to go to the park.  I packed lunches for the kids & we set off to go to the park.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was only chilly & not raining outside.  Thank goodness for that.  We had a few other friends join us too....Miss Rose traveled with Sarah so of course she was there & Heather with her family as well.  We had 8 kids there altogether & Sarah has 1 on the way.  It was sooo fun to get together with all the kids again.  We were there for 3 hours & it was a great way to play the day away & for us girls to catch up on what's been going on.
Here's a ton of pictures from our fun day at the park.
Colby on the slides.
Sonny
Here's the whole gang eating lunch....
(adults are...Sarah, Heather & Rose)
Here's Sarah's oldest upside down!!
Colby & Blake strategizing their next move.


Rose & Heather...sisters-in-law.
Here's Kylie & Sarah's youngest....(for now).
Sonny B (that's Kylie's cup)
Here I am again.
Action shot.
Laying on the bridge.
Here's me & my friend Sarah H. 
I tried to fix my teeth in this picture but I couldn't figure it out.
NO!! 
 I'm not missing any teeth...it's a shadow...
or I really need to get my teeth whitened!!!
Blake & Colby in action.
Blake being attacked by 2 girls while Colby just stands in the background watching &
wondering...what the heck!!
And the girls conquered him!!
Don't they look sooo pleased!!
Here's all the kids in a group shot.
Sonny, Colby, Kylie, Blake
& then SD, MD(Heather's girl), SV, & SC
(the S girls are my friend Sarah's & I'm not using their names cuz their mom prefers it that way)
Well it was a really fun day at the park & I got the kids all packed up & ready to go &
of course....
Kylie had a poopy diaper....bleh...so I changed her in the back of my car & we were ready to go.
Not 5 mins after pulling out of the parking lot it started pouring!!!
Seriously!!!  I must say that luck was on my side that day.  Thank goodness it didn't start til
after I was done cleaning up the poopy diaper!!!!

1 comment:

summerseverydaymoments said...

wow the girls really outnumbered the boys!