Monday, May 3, 2010

CH Spring Fun Run

My stake had a Spring 5k a week ago.  I thought it would be a great way to start on my 5k's for the season.  Besides it was totally FREE!!!  I called my friend Sarah C. & let her know (she's my 5k buddy) & we planned to meet eachother there bright & early.  I was also lucky enough to have Blake & Sonny spend the night with Grandpa & Naunie so I didn't have to find an early morning babysitter.
Me, Sarah & Melissa
Here's Melissa with her dad Jerry (they're from my old ward)
The Colvins (old ward)
My good frien Robin who we tortured & made jog with us. 
She did great!!
Here's sidewasy Sarah with her husband Josh & dog Gus.
(couldn't figure out how to rotate it & I didn't want to spend an hour trying to figure it out.)

Here's another longtime friend...Darlene...after we were done.  She's so awesome...I believe she came in almost 5 minutes before me.  She's doing this awesome training.
(ok, seriously....my boobs are freaking huge in this picture...oh-my-gosh!!!)
Anyway...Sarah had her trusty watch with her & we did 1:1 intervals.  1min jog...1min walk.
I think we did great.  When we were almost done Melissa's dad Jerry came back to find us & made her run the rest of the way (he is like a professional runner) & then I thought I can do this so I told Sarah I was off & started to jog almost the rest of the way. 
I made it with a time of 42 minutes flat. 
 I believe that's my best time so far. 
 I guess we'll see how I do at the next one which is on Memorial Day. 
I'm so excited & can't wait.  I never thought I would ever enjoy jogging/walking for exercise but I really do.  Ever since I trained last year for my 1/2 marathon.  I just need to keep it up all year.  I've been trying to walk outside or on the treadmill @ the gym for at least 20 minutes every day.  I'm hoping I will shed these unwanted chubby spots that I have acquired over the last year too.  It also helps that Blake & I can walk to school now that the weather has been nicer, & I've almost completely given up soda.  It's going on 3 weeks & I've only had 3 sodas.  I'm drinking a lot of water now.
Well wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

Your boobs DO look huge in that picture1!! I'm envious. I just stopped nursing Emmett and I'm in that deflated phase. :( Is that too much info?