Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Red, White & Blue Parade

For the past few years the little city that I grew up in (& live in currently) has a fun Red, White & Blue parade.  It's ususally the weekend before the 4th of July.  The last time I was able to take the boys was probably 2 years ago.  It always seems to be the Saturday that I'd be coming home from camp.  But not this year!!  Soooo...bright & early on the Saturday morning we got up & got dressed & headed out to meet the other family members that would be joining us.  We got there 1st...of course...:)
Grammy got some balloons for the kids to hold on to & Sonny just loved his.
Here he is with his precious balloon.

Here are my decked out Red, white & blue boys with their balloons.

Here are a few pictures from our fun time at the parade.  I was only able to get a few as the stinking batteries in my camera finally died & I didn't have any spares....dang!!  At least I got these :)  (thinking positive).

Sonny & his fish face
Me & my Blake
(of course being silly....this boy is so lucky to have such great coloring!!)
Me & Sonny
(he's not sleeping...just closing his eyes for the picture)


I'm so glad we got to go & celebrate our country. 
I really want my boys to be grateful for the land in which we live. 
We truly are lucky to live here & to have the FREEDOM that we do. 
we will be able to do this again next year too.
After the parade we ran into SEARS & I got a new bathing suit top because after we went to Wal-Mart we were off to our cousin Gabreal's 2nd Birthday Party.  He shares his birthday with Uncle Shane.  No pictures from the Birthday party because I was in the pool most of the time.  We had lots of fun & got lots of sun too :)  What a great day!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: