Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ward Picnic

Since the 4th of July was on a Sunday this year many wards celebrated by having picnics on Saturday...the day before.  Unfortunately I was not able to participate in the "Run 4 Independence" with my friend Sarah this year (no $ for registration) so I decided that me & the boys should walk up to the Church.  It's really not that far & even though it was hot, we had fun.  Blake rode his bike & Sonny rode in the wagon.  It was good & I even did it in flip flops.  Stupid choice but I just couldn't wear my running shoes with the cute skirt I was wearing.  I know, I know...but although my feet hurt at the end of the day I survived.  Anyway it's about 3 miles round trip so I did get my 5k in.  We got there a little early so the boys were running around with some of their friends in the ward.  I'm so glad that I can let them run around & have fun without worrying about them every second.  Don't get me wrong...I do check on them but they are old enough that I don't have to hold their hands for everything.  Well...I think the turnout was pretty good & the food was great.  Thank goodness for Chloe who kept Sonny busy during the presentation!!  It was a fun day visiting with friends & family members who live in the ward.  Sonny went home a little early with Grammy Sisa & then Blake & I headed home.  Next time I won't wear a skirt so I can wear my running shoes :)

(click on images to see larger)

Here's me & my good friend Hollie @ the picnic.

Here's me & my fabulous Aunt Jeanne. 
Doesn't she look fabulous?!! 
She has lost a ton of weight & is now skinnier than me!!
Way to go Aunt Jeanne!!!

No comments: